Thursday, June 25, 2009

Norman Bliss

I want to put together a book of the descendants of Norman Ingles Bliss Jr. This means gathering information from my wonderful, but scattered cousins and I need everyone's help. To begin I need a representative from each of the children, preferably someone that can be contacted by email.

From each of the families of the brothers (and one sister) I need. A contact person, a history, a GEDCOM file/or equivalent, some early pictures. I also need a short bio on each of the 1st cousins [ie dee, maxyne, dale, robert, bonnie, etc.] I also need a short bio on Maitland and one on Carma.

I will post the progress here. I have already received a short bio on Elaine Simspon Bliss and one on her daughter Jeanne [great job Jeanne]. Some of the cousins don't yet know about the project, but you will be contacted soon.

Bonnie has promised to take of of Max and Sylvia's family, and Roger has promised to write a history of Oren. Each Sunday I hope to post updates. We need to get this going.

6 comments:

  1. I have heard from several of you thanks for replying.
    Michael Bliss --Clarence-Bruce-Michael-- is getting started on Bruce's family. Angela is working on the Marion Dee family --Clearence-Dee-Angela. Renee's family is being helped by Bryan and Annette --Clarence-Renee-Bryan/Annette.

    I received a family file from Marlene Bliss --Oren-Dale/Marlene-- and Larry Bliss is starting to get his family going --George/Joe- Larry--

    I need someone to write a history of Kent --Clarence-Kent--, and I still need contact for Howard's family. If any of you know who/how to contact that family please let me know.

    If any of you remember hearing your parents talk about memories of Norman, Mary or Harriet please jot them down and send them to me or post them here.

    Have great 24th. Julie Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could not access this site for a couple of weeks for some reason known only to the computer world.

    Thanks to Robert Bliss - I received from him a history of Uncle Stan. We still have a long way to go, but I know you are all enjoying your summer. Just please keep this project in the back of your mind.

    Also if you get your family vital info updated, then it will be easy to send along when the time comes.

    Please look for any photos that might go well in this book - it will make it much more interesting.

    Remember you can post messages, add to the blog or ask questions on this site. Keep Cool - Julie Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw Callie Bliss at the multi-stake family history fair that was held in Ivins last week. Because I that I was able to make contact again with Sharon Bliss. She gave me the complete story on the mysterious grave of Baby Bliss. I was able to get to Callie and Sharon the divorce record of Eliza Bliss. So much we can all share and learn from each other.

    Still waiting to get some more histories in. Please set down and get me a short history of which ever Bliss sibling you come through. Julie ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not the Norman Bliss you seek, but I am a 'Norman Bliss'.

    If you get back far enough, you might find this site useful:

    http://blissfhs.co.uk/

    Did you know that the first person to be killed in an automobile accident in America was called Bliss?

    Good luck with your search...I am not a genaeologist myself...but the name just caught my eye.

    Best regards,

    Norman

    http://blogwallbugle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Norman - thanks for your comment. We probably are related - way, way, way back in time - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now would be a good time for everyone to write down their favorite memories of Christmas and how it was celebrated in your home. Julie Ann

    ReplyDelete